See Credit Details Below
Why You Should Attend
Audit committees face a rapidly changing landscape with the many new regulations promulgated by the SEC, PCAOB and financial institution regulators. This program is designed to help improve your understanding of the nuances of what is required of the audit committee and those who advise them. Each panel will offer practical advice based on real-world examples to give you the information and tools you need to successfully perform and meet the many challenges facing audit committees and boards today. In addition to presentations by government regulators who oversee the audit and financial reporting processes, you will hear from an expert faculty of public company directors and audit committee members, lawyers and CPAs who advise audit committees.
What You Will Learn
- The most important developments in the past year for audit committees, including SEC and PCAOB developments
- Dealing with the host of new regulations from the financial institution regulators– what audit committees and their advisors need to know
- Key accounting developments: Important changes and GAAP/IFRS convergence update
- How to build and maintain strong compliance programs
- The audit committee’s role in overseeing risk
- Ethical issues that arise when advising audit committees
- Earn one hour of Ethics credit
- Interactive panels
Who Should Attend
Lawyers, public company directors, audit committee members, CPAs and other public company advisors will take away valuable practical information and skills necessary to succeed in the current financial reporting environment.
Program Level: Overview
Intended Audience: Lawyers, public company directors, audit committee members, CPAs and other public company advisors.
Advanced Prep: None