Tara focuses her practice on US and international trademark clearance, portfolio management and protection, and also on advertising, unfair competition, and online brand counseling. She represents companies in trademark, domain name and copyright dispute proceedings, including Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and domain name arbitration proceedings, and in negotiating settlement agreements in these areas.
Tara handles a wide range of matters relating to various aspects of intellectual property law, including prosecution before the US Patent and Trademark Office, international intellectual property prosecution, the drafting and negotiation of license agreements, managing the intellectual property aspects of corporate transactions and resolving domain name and other internet-related conflicts. She also has substantial intellectual property litigation experience, having worked on numerous trademark and copyright litigation matters in several Federal District Courts.
WTR 1000 The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals, World Trademark Review (2015 – 2017)
Who’s Who Legal: The International Who’s Who of Trademark Lawyers, Law Business Research Ltd. (2015-2016)
Professional Activities and Memberships
- International Trademark Association
- Advertising and Related Rights SubCommittee, Public Resources Committee (2012-2013)
- Public Resources Committee, Advertising and Related Rights SubCommittee, Co-Chair (2014-2015)
- Public Information Committee, Journalists and General Public SubCommittee, Chair (2016-2017)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- State Bar of Virginia
- State Bar of Illinois
- Bar of the District of Columbia