Tara is Chair of the Communications Section and a member of the firm's Policy Committee. In her over 20 years in private practice, she has developed extensive experience in cable and broadband regulation. Her practice includes counseling and representation in connection with federal and state governmental matters, as well as communications-related transactions and litigation. She counsels communications industry clients on matters such as network access, net neutrality, OVD competition issues, and compliance with the Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 and the related FCC rules for accessibility of advanced communications services and equipment. She assists clients with transfer of control issues in the purchase and sale of systems, and advises them in retransmission consent and program carriage disputes before the Federal Communications Commission and the courts. Her clients include Cablevision Systems Corporation, National Cable & Telecommunications Association, Discovery Communications, AMC Networks, MSG Networks, and others.
Tara received her B.A. in Government and Modern European Studies from Cornell University (1990). She earned her J.D., with high honors, from Duke University School of Law (1993). She serves as the Washington office’s coordinator for community service activities, as well as the firm's Co-chair for Professional Development.
- Co-author, FCC Order Permits Sunset of the “Viewability Rule,” Allowing Hybrid Cable Operators More Flexibility in Providing Analog Customers Access to Must-Carry Station Signals, Communications Alert (06.18.2012)
- Co-chair, Program Overview, Broadband and Cable Industry Law 2016, Practising Law Institute (PLI) , New York, NY (04.14.2016)
- Co-chair, Broadband and Cable Industry Law 2015, Practising Law Institute, New York, NY (01.26.2015)
- Co-chair, Broadband and Cable Industry Law 2014, Practising Law Institute, New York, NY (01.27.2014)
- Co-chair, Broadband and Cable Industry Law 2013, PLI, Webinar (01.28.2013)
- Co-chair, Broadband and Cable Industry Law 2012, PLI, Webinar (01.30.2012)
- Twenty-Two Mintz Levin Attorneys and Seven Practice Areas Featured in 2016 Legal 500 United States Guide, (06.15.2016)
- Mintz Levin Enhances Nationally Recognized Communications Practice, (12.01.2014)
- Paul Abbott, Former General Counsel to MA Department of Telecommunications and Cable, Returns to Mintz Levin, (06.23.2014)
- Former MA Commissioner of Telecommunications and Cable Geoffrey Why Joins Mintz Levin , (05.19.2014)
- Mintz Levin Names Tara Corvo Chair of Communications Section , (02.06.2014)
- Duke University (JD, with high honors, 1993)
- Cornell University (BA, Government and Modern European Studies, 1990)
- District of Columbia