Patrick M. Miller, Partner with international law firm of Faegre Baker Daniels, LLP in its Chicago, Illinois where he serves as Office Leader. His practice focuses on construction law and real estate litigation. He has significant design-build and P3 procurement expertise and extensive experience with heavy civil and highway construction, process projects, and real estate development. Patrick serves on the Design-Build Institute of America's National Legal Committee and is one of few lawyers in the nation approved to teach DBIA's Contracts and Risk course. His representative engagements include:
- Represents municipality in procurement of more than $500M in new criminal justice facilities and development, including competitive bidding, design-build best value procurement, and related development matters
- Represents short-listed developers and design-build joint ventures pursuing and responding to P3 solicitations on availability payment, toll, and other financial models.
- Represents energy infrastructure investors in arbitration proceedings and litigation related to alternative energy developments.
- Lead counsel in arbitration of claims arising out of an EPC contract to design and construct multiple frac-sand processing facilities.
- Lead counsel representing private water utility in development of integrated design procurement and contract documents for the design and construction of a new ground water treatment plant.
- Lead counsel representing municipality in dispute to remediate defective membrane filtration system in $50 million water treatment plant designed to process 17.3 million gallons per day.
- Lead counsel in preliminary injunction proceedings in award protests under Indiana's public design-build procurement statute.
- Co-counsel representing design-build joint venture in arbitration of eight-figure delay and disruption claims on P3 toll project.
In addition to his design-build expertise, Patrick handles a variety of construction and real estate disputes in Chicago, Indiana and throughout the country. His representative engagements in this area include:
- Lead counsel representing contractor in successful trial of seven-figure change and delay claim on public highway project.
- Representation of Chicago high-rise developers in construction defect matters.
- Representation of private equity funds and REITs in litigation throughout the country.
- Representation of lenders in commercial foreclosure and workout litigation throughout the Chicagoland area