Patricia regularly provides advice on corporate governance matters and a variety of corporate transactions for publicly traded and privately held corporations. Patricia is often called upon to advise on mergers and acquisitions, financings, asset sales and other significant transactions. Her work includes structuring complex transactions and often involves counseling boards of directors and board committees on their fiduciary duties and the technical aspects of Delaware corporate law. She also provides formal legal opinions on issues involving Delaware corporate law.
Patricia is actively involved with the American Bar Association’s Mergers & Acquisitions Committee and Corporate Laws Committee, and is Co-Chair of the Subcommittee on Acquisitions of Public Companies and Co-Chair of the Joint Task Force on Governance Issues in Business Combinations.
Patricia is a member of the Council of the Corporation Law Section of the Delaware State Bar Association and, in that capacity, participates in the annual review of, and preparation of amendments to, the Delaware General Corporation Law. She was appointed by the Delaware Supreme Court to serve as a member of the court’s Board on Professional Responsibility (2012-2018). In 2018, she became a fellow of the American College of Governance Counsel.
Patricia also frequently speaks on Delaware corporate law issues at corporate law seminars and symposia around the country, including the Tulane Corporate Law Institute, the University of Texas Mergers & Acquisitions Institute, the Ray Garrett Jr. Corporate and Securities Law Institute, the Northwestern Law Securities Regulation Institute and the ABA National M&A Institute.
Patricia received her J.D., magna cum laude, from Villanova University School of Law in 1996, where she served as Executive Editor of the Villanova Law Review. She completed her undergraduate education at University of Delaware, receiving a B.S., magna cum laude, in 1992.
Prior to joining Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell LLP, Patricia served as law clerk to The Honorable Randy J. Holland of the Supreme Court of the State of Delaware.
• Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Recognized as a leading Delaware corporate M&A practitioner (2014-2018)
• IFLR1000 United States, Selected as a leading Delaware lawyer in the guide to financial and corporate law firms (2018)
• Who’s Who Legal: M&A and Governance, Listed among leading M&A lawyers (2015-2018)
• The Best Lawyers in America, Selected for inclusion for Delaware corporate governance and mergers and acquisitions (2016-2019); Named “Lawyer of the Year” for Delaware corporate governance law (2019)
• Best Lawyers Business Edition: Women in the Law, Listed among leading women in Delaware corporate governance and mergers and acquisitions (2016-2019)