NORMAN D. SLONAKER is senior counsel in the New York office of Sidley Austin LLP, with a practice in corporate securities. Previously, Mr. Slonaker had been a partner at the firm since 1973. He has extensive experience in a variety of transactions, with particular emphasis on structured securities, investment grade debt securities, medium-term note programs, Rule 144A offerings and convertible and exchangeable securities.
Mr. Slonaker has been a speaker at seminars on financial regulation reform, new financial instruments and techniques and other aspects of the federal securities laws. Mr. Slonaker is a member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, and served on the Securities Regulation and Financial Reporting Committees. He was the Chair of the Financial Reporting Committee from 2006 to 2009. He has been recognized by Chambers USA in National Capital Markets: Debt & Equity (Band 1).
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- American Bar Association, Task Force on Sellers' Due Diligence and Similar Defenses under the Federal Securities Laws, former member
- Association of the Bar of The City of New York, Financial Reporting Committee, chair (2006-2009)
- Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Executive Compensation
- Financial Institutions Business Transactions
- Preferred and Capital Securities
- SEC Disclosure
- Securities Regulatory Aspects of Transactional Work
- Structured Products ADMISSIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- New York, 1966
- Harvard Law School (LL.B., 1965)
- University of Washington (B.S., 1962)