Nicholas I. Porritt is a partner in the Washington D.C. office of Levi & Korsinsky LLP. He prosecutes securities class actions, shareholder class actions, derivative actions, and mergers and acquisitions litigation. He has extensive experience representing plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of complex commercial litigation, including civil fraud, breach of contract, and professional malpractice, as well as defending SEC investigations and enforcement actions. Mr. Porritt has helped recover hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of shareholders. He was one of the lead counsel in In re Google Inc. Class C Shareholder Litigation that resulted in a payment of $522 million to shareholders and overall benefit of over $3 billion to Google’s minority shareholders. Recently he was one of the lead counsel in Chen v. Howard-Anderson, et al. that settled during trial resulting in a $35 million payment to the former shareholders of Occam Networks, Inc., one of the largest quasi-appraisal recoveries for shareholders. Some of Mr. Porritt’s other recent cases include:
- Zaghian v. Farrell, ___ Fed. Appx. ___, 2017 WL 117161 (9th Cir. Jan. 12, 2017)
- Carlton v. Cannon, 184 F. Supp. 3d 428 (S.D. Tex. 2016)
- Zola v. TD Ameritrade, Inc. 172 F. Supp. 3d 1055 (D. Neb. 2016)
- In re Energy Recovery Sec. Litig., 2016 WL 324150 (N.D. Cal. Jan. 27, 2016)
- In re EZCorp Inc. Consulting Agreement Deriv. Litig., 2016 WL 301245 (Del. Ch. Jan. 25, 2016)
- In re Violin Memory Sec. Litig,. 2014 WL 5525946 (N.D. Cal. October 31, 2014)
- Garnitschnig v. Horovitz, 48 F. Supp. 3d 820 (D. Md. 2014)
Mr. Porritt is also qualified as a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England & Wales and advises international clients in the United States and Europe on the recovery of losses suffered to their investment portfolios attributable to financial fraud or other misconduct, including participation in shareholder class actions and other representative litigation in the Unites States, England, and in other jurisdictions.
Before joining Levi & Korsinsky, Mr. Porritt practiced as a partner at two large international corporate law firms. He is a graduate from The University of Chicago Law School.