Adele Hogan is a capital markets lawyer and strategic advisor who frequently works on regulatory, structured finance, mergers and acquisitions and FinTech matters, including blockchain. She currently represents a large bank as it expands its foreign exchange and derivatives business, implements enhanced risk frameworks and expands its Fintech business, including blockchain, as well as considers other business initiatives and deposit growth. She specializes in GRC – governance, risk and compliance – and in strategic growth advisory work.
Adele’s work involves diverse industries, including: financial institutions; energy and utilities; healthcare (medical devices, biotech and pharmaceuticals), leisure (gaming and hotels); real estate, telecommunications, media and technology; transportation (airlines, automotive, shipping, rail); and retail.
Adele frequently chairs and speaks at national law programs. She has served as an adjunct law professor at Fordham University School of Law and speaks at Cornell University Law School and the Levin Institute.
Adele worked for over ten years at Cravath Swaine & Moore LLP, and was a partner at White & Case LLP and Linklaters LLP. Adele most served as Director – Group Audit (Legal and Regulatory) at Deutsche Bank. Adele has done strategic consulting work (revenue enhancements, deposit growth, FX, derivatives, mergers) for large banks and led anti-financial crimes investigations, risk framework implementations and corporate governance matters.
- New York City Bar Association (Securities Regulation Committee (former Chair), Financial Reporting Committee (former Chair), Banking Law Committee, Mergers & Acquisitions Committee)
- New York State Bar Association, Business Law Section (Executive Committee), Securities Regulation Committee, Investment Management Committee
- American Bar Association, Federal Securities Law Committee
- Association of Corporate Counsel
- Women in Derivatives (WIND), 100 Women in Finance, Women in Funds
- National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD)
- Society of Corporate Governance Professionals
- SIFMA (Legal Society and Internal Audit Society)
- Risk Management Association
- Cornell University Law School, Juris Doctor
- Cornell University, Bachelor of Arts