Michele is a tax lawyer who employs her training and knowledge to help clients make the best business decisions and navigate many types of complex tax issues. During her years of practice, Michele has provided counsel in a wide range of transactions, from mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and securities offerings, to financing, joint ventures, and restructurings. In recent years, Michele's practice has evolved to include a strong focus on private equity and hedge funds and similar investment vehicles. She also has experience in, and has written extensively about, real estate investment trusts, and has advised many international clients on inbound U.S. real estate investments.
- “The Impact of Tax Reform on Real Estate Investment Trusts,” Bloomberg Tax, April 2018
- "Tax Reform, Hollywood and the Media,” Law 360, April 2018
- “Tax Reform is Hurting Foreign Investors in the US,” Law 360, March 2018
- “A View From Silicon Valley: Tax Reform and the Tech Industry,” Law 360, March 2018
- “Opportunities Abound for Private Equity, But So Do Risks,” Oil & Gas Financial Journal, January 2016
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
1995 – cum laude
The College of New Jersey, B.A.
1992 – magna cum laude
The Legal 500 United States, US Taxes: Non-Contentious, 2017
New York City Tax Club
New York State Bar Association, Tax Section