- Corporate Finance
- Maritime and Transportation Finance
- Business Transactions (M&A/Private Equity)
- Investment Management
- Investment Advisers
- Private Funds
- Private Equity
- Offshore and Maritime Restructuring
Michael Timpone is a partner in the Corporate Finance Group at Seward & Kissel. He devotes most of his time to the representation of U.S. and non-U.S. banks and other institutional lenders in connection with secured loans and other financing transactions, as well as corporations and other business entities as borrowers in these transactions. He is a member of the Firm’s Transportation Finance Group, a cross section of attorneys within the Firm from the Corporate Finance, Corporate Securities, Litigation and Tax Departments with expertise on matters of interest to clients in the transportation industry. Mr. Timpone is also part of the Firm’s Business Transactions Group. In such capacities, Mr. Timpone has worked on matters ranging from the formation of joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, asset finance transactions, registered and unregistered securities transactions, to restructurings.
Mike currently serves as the Vice-Chair of the Marine Financing Committee for the Maritime Law Association of the United States. Mr. Timpone is also a Member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, the American Bar Association and the Maritime Law Association of the United States. He is recognized by Chambers USA and Chambers Global in Transportation: Shipping: Finance, as well as by New York Super Lawyer.
Mr. Timpone received a B.A. with honors, from Rutgers College and a J.D. from Fordham University School of Law. Mr. Timpone has spent his entire legal career at Seward & Kissel.
Recent significant experience includes:
- Represented DNB Markets, Inc., ABN Amro Capital USA, LLC and DVB Bank SE, Amsterdam Branch, as mandated lead arrangers and book runners, in connection with a US$192,800,000 credit facilities extended to Chembulk Capital LLC, as Borrower, Chembulk Investment Co LLC, as parent guarantor, and certain subsidiaries of the Borrower, as subsidiary guarantors, to refinance the borrower’s existing credit facility and to finance the purchase of additional vessels. The transaction involved the restructuring of the company’s capital structure, which included issuance of preference units to the outgoing lenders of the company and the purchase of option vessels in Japanese Yen, and the S&K team advised the bank syndicate, which included financial institutions from Germany, the Netherlands, France, Norway and USA, in all aspects of the transactions.
- Represented Ridgebury Fleet Finance LLC and related subsidiaries in connection with a US$230,950,000 credit facility arranged by ABN Amro Capital USA LLC, DNB Markets, Inc., Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank and Danish Ship Finance A/S, to refinance the company’s existing credit facility and Norwegian bonds.
- Represented Scorpio Tankers Inc. in connection with two $150 million senior secured term loan credit facilities each provided by a syndicate of banks, with Nordea Bank Finland plc acting as agent in each, in connection with the financing of the acquisition costs of vessels.
- Represented Diamond S Shipping in connection with a $719 million senior secured term loan credit facility made available by, among others, Nordea Bank Finland plc and DNB Bank to finance the acquisition of 30 vessel owning companies and special maritime counsel to the company in connection with the acquisition of those companies.
- Represented DNB Bank in connection with a $180 million revolving credit facility provided by a syndicate of banks, with DnB NOR Bank ASA acting as agent, to meet the ongoing working capital requirements of a privately held U.S. transportation and logistics company.