Mark L. Tuft is a partner with Cooper, White & Cooper LLP; principally engaged in professional liability, media law, civil and criminal litigation in federal and state courts. State-wide practice as counsel to lawyers and law firms on professional responsibility, professional liability, law firm mergers and dissolutions and lawyer discipline. Arbitrator, special master and mediator on lawyer-client and law firm disputes.
LL.M., George Washington University, June 1972. Graduated with highest honors.
J.D., Hastings College of the Law, June 1968. Order of the Coif, Thurston Law Society, Hastings Law Journal.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND AWARDS
· Certified Specialist in Legal Malpractice Law
· Member, American Bar Association, Center for Professional Responsibility, Editorial Board
· President, Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers
(2012 - 2013)
· Chair, State Bar Committee on Professional Responsibility and Conduct (1995 - 1996)
· Member, State Bar of California Commission for the Revision of the Rules of Professional Conduct (2001 – Present)
· Member, Board of Directors, Bar Association of San Francisco
(1994 - 1997)
· Chair, Bar Association of San Francisco Legal Ethics Committee
(1990 – 1992)
· Bar Association of San Francisco Certificate of Merit Award
· Spirit of the CEB Award
PUBLICATIONS AND TEACHING
· Co-Author, California Practice Guide on Professional Responsibility
(The Rutter Group, a division of Thomson Reuters)
· Adjunct Professor, University of San Francisco School of Law (1997-2011)