Linda L. Griggs’s practice focuses on securities regulation and corporate law matters. In addition, she assists on internal investigations and SEC enforcement and litigation matters that involve financial reporting and accounting matters. She draws on her experience as a former chief counsel to the chief accountant of the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to advise clients on issues related to financial reporting, accounting, and other disclosure requirements under securities laws and public and private securities offerings. Linda also advises clients on the fiduciary duties of directors and officers, as well as corporate governance matters.
Linda’s three-year term on the Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council (FASAC) ended on December 31, 2016. FASAC advises the Financial Accounting Standards Board on strategic issues, project priorities, and other matters that affect accounting standards. Previously, she served on the SEC's Advisory Committee on Improvements to Financial Reporting and as a chair of the American Bar Association's Law and Accounting Committee.
In addition to her role as chief counsel to the chief accountant of the SEC, Linda worked as special counsel in the Division of Corporation Finance at the SEC. Prior to that, she served as an attorney in the division's rule-writing office, and as a reviewer of registration statements, proxy statements, and reports filed by companies covered by federal securities laws.
Linda retired as a partner of Morgan Lewis as of September 30, 2016 and practices as a senior counsel of the firm.
Awards and Affiliations
- Ranked, Securities: Regulation: Advisory, Nationwide, Chambers USA (2013–2018)
- Recommended, Capital Markets: Debt Offerings, Equity Offerings, The Legal 500 US (2014–2016)
- Top Woman Lawyer, Best Lawyers (2016–2017)
- Recognized, Corporate Compliance Law, Washington, DC; Corporate Governance Law, Washington, DC; Securities/Capital Markets Law, Washington, DC; Securities Regulation, Washington, DC, The Best Lawyers in America (2016–2019)
- Recognized, Who’s Who Legal (2018)
- Member, Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council (10/2013 to 12/2016)
- Member, SEC Advisory Committee on Improvements to Financial Reporting (8/2007–8/2008)
- Member, American Bar Association, Federal Regulation of Securities Committee and Law and Accounting Committee