Kristin Zimmerman-Sorio is a Managing Director with Morgan Stanley’s Mergers & Acquisitions division based in New York and leads the firm’s SPAC M&A practice. In her capacity as an M&A practitioner, Kristin has predominantly focused across the Industrial, Chemical and Consumer sectors. Prior to joining Morgan Stanley in 2007, Kristin worked for Cherokee Investment Partners, a private equity fund based in Raleigh, NC and London, UK.
Kristin received a B.A. in Political Science from North Carolina State University (awarded class Valedictorian) and an MBA from The University of Chicago Booth School of Business with concentrations in Finance and Accounting.
She is also a senior board member of Read Ahead, a non-profit organization providing mentorship to underprivileged children in New York City elementary schools. Additionally, she sits on the NYC Steering Committee for Women in M&A (“WiMA”), focused on promoting opportunities for women deal-makers across Wall Street.
Selected Notable Transactions:
- $2.1Bn combination of Aeva and InterPrivate Acquisition Corp. (Nov-20)
- $2.6Bn combination of E2open and CC Neuberger Principal Holdings I (Oct-20)
- Caterpillar’s acquisition of The Weir Group’s Oil & Gas division for $405MM (Oct-20)
- Sale of Garrett Motion to KPS Partners for $2.1Bn via a voluntary pre-arranged Chapter 11 filing (Sept-20)
- Strategic partnership between Gap, Inc. and Kanye West for YEEZY Gap collaboration (Jun-20)
- Sale of Wesco Aircraft to Platinum Equity for $1.9Bn (Aug-19)
- Sale of Lord Corporation to Parker Hannifin for ~$3.7Bn (Apr-19)
- Hitachi’s acquisition of JR Automation Technologies for ~$1.4Bn (Apr-19)
- Bridgestone’s acquisition of TomTom Telematics for ~$1Bn (Jan-19)
- $1Bn+ Series D investment in Lucid Motors by the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia (Sept-18)
- Stanley Black & Decker’s acquisition of the Attachments division of International Equipment Solutions from KPS Capital Partners for $690MM (Aug-18)
- Brunswick Corporation’s acquisition of Power Products’ Global Marine business from Genstar Capital for $910MM (Jun-18)
- Tianqi Lithium’s acquisition of a 24% minority stake in Sociedad Quimica y Minera de Chile S.A. valued at $4.1Bn from Nutrien Ltd. (May-18)
- Sale of nuTonomy to Delphi Automotive for ~$450MM (Oct-17)
- Littelfuse’s acquisition of Ixys Corporation for $655MM (Aug-17)
- Advisor to General Motors on its successful activist defense with respect to Greenlight Capital’s proxy proposal (Jun-17)
- Sale of Panera Bread to JAB Holding Company for $7.5Bn (Apr-17)
- Sale of Chemtura to Lanxess AG for $2.5Bn (Sept-16)
- Sale of Monsanto Company to Bayer AG for $66Bn (Sept-16)
- Sale of Axiall Corporation to Westlake Chemical for $3.8Bn (Jun-16)