Keir Gumbs is Associate General Counsel, Global Corporate, M&A and Securities, and Deputy Corporate Secretary at Uber Technologies, Inc. Prior to joining Uber, he was a partner in the corporate and securities practice at Covington & Burling LLP. Keir started his career at the SEC, where he served for six years - first as a staff attorney, later as a Special Counsel in the Office of Chief Counsel in the SEC’s Division of Corporation Finance and finally as counsel to SEC Commissioner Roel Campos.
Keir is recognized as a leading authority on securities regulation and corporate governance who represents a cross-section of constituencies in securities and governance matters, including companies ranging in size from Fortune 50 companies to venture-backed firms, as well as public pension funds, hedge funds, faith-based investors and trade associations.
Honors and Rankings
- Most Influential Black Lawyers, Savoy Magazine (2015)
- Who’s Who Legal, Corporate, M&A and Governance (2015)
- "D.C. Rising Star”, National Law Journal (2014)
- DC Super Lawyers, Securities & Corporate Finance (2014-2015)
- "Trailblazers Under 40", National Bar Association (2014)
- America's Leading Business Lawyers, Securities: Regulation: Advisory (2012-2015), Chambers USA
- “2011 Rising Star of Corporate Governance”, Millstein Center for Corporate Governance and Performance
- Selected as one of the "People to Watch" in the National Association of Corporate Directors 2011 and 2012 “Directorship 100”