Joel I. Greenberg is a Senior Corporate Partner at Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP and practices in the firm’s New York City office. He concentrates in US and cross-border mergers and acquisitions of public and private companies, representation of financial sponsors, and securities transactions. He also advises publicly held and private companies on a wide variety of corporate governance and day-to-day corporate as well as transactional matters. Joel is an active member and former Chair of the M&A Committee (an international committee of the ABA's Section of Business Law with more than 5,000 members) and is currently serving as a member of the Committee's Executive Council.
Among the matters that Joel has handled recently are the representation of:
- Celestica, Inc. in its acquisition of Atrenne Integrated Solutions, Inc. for $143 million.
- Celestica, Inc. in its acquisition of Impakt Holdings, LLC for approximately $329 million.
- Carestream Health, Inc., in the sale of its dental digital business to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Hillhouse Capital Management.
- Onex Corporation in the sale of USI Insurance Services to an affiliate of KKR & Co. L.P. and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec.
- Onex Corporation and Schumacher Clinical Partners in the acquisitions of ECI Healthcare Partners and Hospital Physician Partners.
- Onex Corporation in its investment in Schumacher Clinical Partners.
- Skilled Healthcare Group in its combination with Genesis Healthcare
- Valley Crest Companies in its merger with Brickman Group (now known as BrightView)
Joel is a frequent lecturer on mergers and acquisitions topics, and has spoken at programs sponsored by the American Bar Association, the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, the Association of Corporate Counsel, the Center for International Legal Studies, Columbia Law School, Cornell Law School, Harvard Law School, the Inter-Pacific Bar Association, International Financial Law Review, Law Journal Seminars, Penn State Dickinson School of Law, Stanford Law School, UCLA School of Law, University of Chicago Graduate School of Business, University of Miami School of Law and University of Texas School of Law. He co-chairs the ABA’s annual National M&A Institute.
Joel is included in Chambers Global; Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business; Legal 500 U.S.; The Best Lawyers in America; Who's Who Legal (Mergers & Acquisitions); Practical Law Company’s Mergers and Acquisitions Guidebook; Experts Guides’ Banking Finance and Transactional Law Guide; and EuroMoney’s Guides to the World’s Leading Mergers and Acquisitions Lawyers and Corporate Governance Lawyers. He is a graduate of Yale Law School.