Jennifer Hobbs is a Partner in the Corporate Department and a member of the Executive Committee at Simpson Thacher. Jennifer focuses on acquisition finance and advises on a broad range of financings for many of the Firm’s leading private equity and corporate clients. Her primary clients have included Silver Lake Partners, BC Partners, EQT Partners and the private equity group at Goldman Sachs, together with their portfolio companies. Over the years, she has also represented corporate clients Mars, Incorporated, Dell, Inc., Symantec Corporation, Accenture, Aramark Corporation and Broadcom Limited.
Jennifer’s recent acquisition finance experience includes the following representations:
- EQT Partners in connection with its acquisition of Cast & Crew Entertainment.
- BC Partners in connection with its acquisition of NAVEX Global
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking in connection with their acquisition of Boyd Corporation
- BC Partners in connection with its recapitalization of GFL Environmental Holding and GFL’s subsequent merger with Waste Industries
- Broadcom Limited connection with its securing $100 billion of committed debt financing for its proposed acquisition of Qualcomm Incorporated.
- Silver Lake Partners in connection with its $3.5 billion acquisition of Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc.
- Red Ventures in connection with its $1.4 billion acquisition of Bankrate, Inc.
- EQT Partners in connection with its $850 million acquisition of Certara.
- Aramark Corporation in connection with its $1.0 billion acquisition of AmeriPride Services, Inc. and tis $1.35 billion acquisition of Avendra, LLC.
- Mars, Inc. in connection with their $9.1 billion acquisition of VCA Inc.
- Dell, Inc. in connection with its $67 billion acquisition of EMC Corporation.
- EQT Partners in connection with their $2.35 billion acquisition of Press Ganey, Inc., EQT’s first direct investment in North America.
- WME Entertainment and co-investors Silver Lake and KKR in connection their acquisition of the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
- Symantec Corporation in connection with its $4.65 billion acquisition of Blue Coat Inc. and its $2.3 billion acquisition of LifeLock, Inc.
- BC Partners-led consortium in connection with its $8.7 billion acquisition of PetSmart, Inc. and PetsSmart in connection with its subsequent acquisition of Chewy, Inc.
Jennifer’s accolades include:
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2015-2018)
- Lawdragon Magazine, 500 Leading Lawyers in America (2014-2018)
- Euromoney’s American Women in Business Law Awards, “Best in Banking and Finance” (2014, 2017)
- The American Lawyer, Top “45 Under 45” Women Lawyers (2011)
Jennifer received her J.D. from New York University in 1997, where she was a member of the NYU Law Review. She received her Masters of International Affairs from Columbia University School of International & Public Affairs in 1992 and her B.A., with high honors, from the University of Texas in 1989, where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.