Jennifer Kenedy is a Vice Chair of Locke Lord's Executive Committee and former Managing Partner of the firm’s Chicago Office. She concentrates her practice on commercial litigation, including trade secret misappropriation and other intellectual property litigation. Jennifer mediates, arbitrates and tries cases on behalf of clients nationwide. She also acts as Locke Lord LLP’s Deputy General Counsel.
Since 2003 Jennifer has acted as national counsel on trade secret issues for Fidelity Investments. She obtains injunctions in federal and state courts nationwide against former brokers who leave, join competitors and misappropriate the Company's proprietary trade secret customer data. She also handles arbitrations before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) seeking damages caused by the former employee and new employer's misappropriation of trade secret client data. She also acts as national restrictive covenant and trade secret counsel for several other insurance and financial services clients, acting as lead counsel in litigation pending around the country.
In December, 2017, Jennifer secured a major victory for TLS Management & Marketing Services LLC (TLS) in hard fought trade secret and business litigation pending before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi Northern Division. Jennifer successfully argued that the defendants had, throughout the litigation, permanently destroyed relevant data, perjured themselves under oath denying such destruction occurred and generally thwarted the litigation process. On the eve of trial, TLS successfully obtained the harshest civil sanction for the intentional destruction of evidence — a default judgment against all defendants (two competing companies and an individual). The court opened its decision by stating: “A court does justice by finding truth. That search requires evidence. Intentionally destroying evidence, then, is more than a devious litigation strategy. It is a lethal attack on a court’s purpose, and must be responded to in kind.”
- Named One of Chicago’s Most Influential Women Lawyers by Crain’s Chicago Business (2017 and 2018)
- Recipient, Best Lawyers 2017 Woman of Influence Award
- Recipient, Leadership Excellence in the Law Award, National Diversity Council (2014)
- Recipient, Women's Bar Association of Illinois Esther Rothstein Award (2012)
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America, 2011 (Commercial Litigation) and (2012-2017) (Commercial Litigation and Product Liability)
- Named, Illinois Super Lawyer by Law & Politics magazine (2012-2018)
- Named, "2011 Most Powerful and Influential Women in Illinois," National Diversity Council