Jim provides assistance to clients with troubled debt restructurings, mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, litigation and claims analysis, fraud investigations, and other financial consulting and bankruptcy assignments.
His experience spans numerous industries including financial services, heavy manufacturing, retailing, electronics, consumer products and distribution, construction and contracting, communications and publishing, real estate, and hospitality.
Jim’s extensive experience includes:
- Analysis of a multimillion dollar construction contract and lost profits claim from a troubled state highway contract;
- Financial records disentanglement assignment to locate misappropriated funds;
- Analysis of inventory procedures and record keeping to explain product shortages and operating losses;
- Investigation of trading pattern velocity and investment portfolio mismanagement of a not-for- profit institution.
Bankruptcy & Restructuring
- Expert testimony on issues of business plans, liquidations, avoidance actions, substantive consolidation, and other reorganization and bankruptcy issues;
- Development and evaluation of strategic business plans on behalf of debtors and creditors including the evaluation of customer and product profitability, store and plant profitability, overhead structure, and industry viability;
- Analysis for providing expert testimony on business performance, lost profits, and claims for damages;
- Preparation of valuation reports including enterprise value and liquidation analyses;
- Negotiation and evaluation of out-of-court debt restructuring proposals.
Education and Certification
- BSBA, cum laude, Georgetown University School of Business Administration
- Certified Public Accountant (New Jersey and New York)
- Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Instructor, AIRA coursework, Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor and Certification in Distressed Business Valuation