Debra A. Dandeneau is co-chair of Baker McKenzie's Global Restructuring and Insolvency Group and chair of its North America Restructuring and Insolvency Group. Her practice focuses on business reorganizations and debtor and creditors’ rights.
Ms. Dandeneau has been ranked by The Best Lawyers in America 2011-2018 in the practice areas of Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, and Litigation-Bankruptcy. She has also been recognized by Legal 500 US for Municipal Bankruptcy and Super Lawyers 2006-2017 for Bankruptcy. Super Lawyers has also named Debra among the 2017 Top Women for Bankruptcy Business in New York.
Ms. Dandeneau has dealt with a variety of entities experiencing financial distress, as well as a range of industries. Over the course of her career, her work has included representations in the real estate, manufacturing, power generation, healthcare, municipal, retail, and service sectors.
Ms. Dandeneau's professional honors include:
- "Top Women" for Bankruptcy: Business in New York, Super Lawyers, 2017
- "Super Lawyer" in Bankruptcy, Super Lawyers, 2006-2017
- Pro Bono Publico Award, The Legal Aid Society, 2008
- Recommended Lawyer in Municipal Bankruptcy in the US, Legal 500 US, 2015
- "Best Lawyer" in Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law and Litigation, Best Lawyers in America, 2011-2018