Charmaine Wilson is a Deloitte Advisory Senior Manager in the Deloitte & Touche LLP Internal Audit practice. Charmaine has over 14 years of experience serving the technology and media industries. Charmaine serves her clients in various aspects, including Internal Audit, External Audit, Regulatory Compliance and SOX-Readiness, specifically focusing on the following types of engagements:
- Building SOX programs and leading global SOX efforts
- Performing risk assessments and executing strategic, operational and financial audits
- Building and executing global compliance programs
- Performing fraud risk assessments
- Evaluating risks and exposures related to new business models
- Enhancing the use of tools and data analytics throughout the organization
In addition to her client service role, Charmaine also facilitates Deloitte’s national technology courses, specifically for software, hardware and semiconductors. Charmaine is also a frequent instructor nationally for the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and has instructed courses related to controls for local IIA chapters and universities.
- Leads Internal Audit engagements that involve advisory and compliance-related audits in all areas of the business (e.g., Finance, HR, Operations, Supply Chain)
- Leads IT-Internal Audit engagements, including Cyber Security, Disaster Recovery, Intellectual Property Protection, implementation reviews, Segregation of Duties
Business, Technology and Fraud Risk
- Works with management to perform risk assessments and evaluate potential exposures in the areas of new/changing business models and fraud risk
- Helps management identify and implement data analytics to help enhance oversight and monitoring for identified risks
- Works with Deloitte’s forensics team on fraud investigations
- Helps companies manage global compliance by integrating efforts between legal, finance, and other functions to evaluate compliance risk and controls
SOX and Pre-IPO Readiness
- Leads several global SOX programs
- Experienced in the evaluation of risk and control matrices for opportunities to improve processes, reduce SOX efforts and improve automation within systems.
- Experienced in designing and executing global SOX training programs
- Leads large pre-IPO engagements that involves helping management create scalable processes and establish key policies and controls.