Harvard University, B.A., 1997, magna cum laude New York University School of Law, J.D., 2000
Hotel and recreational acquisition, management and financing, as well as joint ventures representing institutions and foreign investors, and construction-related matters are top of mind when clients contact Cecilia Gordon. A Director in the Real Estate group and Co-Chair of the firm's Hospitality & Recreation industry group, Cecilia has a broad-based practice representing real estate owners and operators.
- Representation of John Hancock Life Insurance Company on the sale of the John Hancock Conference Center and Hotel.
- Representation of Pyramid Hotel Group in connection with proposed public offering of Pyramid Hotels & Resorts, Inc.
- Representation of CrossHarbor Capital Partners LLC in resort management and development agreements for the reorganized Yellowstone Club in Montana.
- Representation of institutional and family-owned hotel owners in connection with hotel franchise agreements with Marriott, Hilton, Starwood, IHG and Radisson throughout the U.S.
- Representation of Pyramid Hotel Opportunity Venture in the acquisition of an 8-hotel portfolio from Thayer Lodging Group and the acquisition of a 5-hotel portfolio from CNL, and related hotel management agreements and franchise agreements.
- Representation of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in connection with hotel management agreement for the Fairmont Battery Wharf Hotel, Boston.
- Representation of Manulife Financial in a joint venture to develop an office building in Georgia.
- Representation of a Netherlands-based independent real estate company in joint ventures for real estate developments in Atlanta, North Carolina and Boston.
- Representation of a hotel management company and a retail developer in construction contracts and related agreements.
- Representation of John Hancock Financial Services on the sale of the Hancock Tower and related buildings to Beacon Capital Partners and the subsequent purchase of the Brown and Berkeley Buildings.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, International Society of Hospitality Consultants
Awards and Recognition
- "America's Leading Business Lawyers," Chambers USA 2015-2016
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2006 - 2007