Beth Pennington is a co-founding partner of Pennington Lawson LLP, a certified women-owned boutique law firm in San Francisco. Pennington Lawson has been named to San Francisco Business Times’ list of the Top 100 Women-Owned Businesses in the Bay Area (Top 50 for San Francisco) and is a member of the National Association of Minority & Women Owned Law Firms.
Ms. Pennington represents an array of clients in a broad range of real estate transactions, including purchase and sale, joint venture, finance, workouts, commercial and residential development, leasing, tenancy in common, and public–private partnerships. Prior to forming Pennington Lawson in 2010, Ms. Pennington was of counsel at both Paul Hastings LLP and DLA Piper.
• Representation of the owner of the 70,000+-square-foot San Francisco Flower Mart property being redeveloped as part of the Central SOMA plan. Numerous multi-year transactions required, including a joint venture, 1031 exchange, acquisition of replacement property for relocation of a long-term tenant, and eventual sale to a publicly traded REIT in an upREIT transaction.
• Representation of the developer of a six-story, 69-unit San Francisco condominium project in joint venture, property acquisition, and construction financing.
• Representation of the master developer of 680 acres of land that was formerly part of the Mare Island Naval Shipyard in Vallejo.
• Representation of the buyer of a three-building, 200,000-square-foot portfolio in downtown San Jose.
• Representation of the owners of a retail shopping center in Colma, anchored by Target, BevMo, and Michaels, in leasing, financing, and redevelopment.
• Representation of a creative-space developer in the acquisition of Berkeley and Emeryville industrial properties repurposed for creative office use.
• Ongoing representation of medical startup in leasing, including high-design medical office space in retail and office locations across the country.
• Representation of the purchaser of 50,000+ square foot Marin County office building in joint venture, purchase, financing, and leasing.
• Assistance to a public utility with a 65,000+ acre real estate portfolio regarding redevelopment potential, leasing, and licenses.
• Boston University, J.D.
• Newcomb College of Tulane University, B.A., Philosophy (cum laude with Departmental Honors)