Benjamin Wilson is an Executive Director in J.P. Morgan’s Investment Bank and part of the Mergers & Acquisitions department based in New York. Mr. Wilson has been a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions group for over eleven years since joining the firm as part of its Summer Analyst program.
During his career, he has advised clients on a wide range of transactions including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, separations, cross border transactions, whole company sales, minority interest processes, strategic alternatives, corporate defenses and unsolicited transactions.
Mr. Wilson graduated with honors from The Johns Hopkins University receiving a Bachelors degree in Economics and Entrepreneurship & Management.
Select publicly disclosed investment banking experience includes the following transactions:
- Vonage on its acquisition of NewVoiceMedia
- Jones Companies and Beasley Forest Products on sale of a majority stake in Yak Mat to Platinum Equity
- PLI on its sale to Platinum Equity
- Andritz AG’s $833mm acquisition of Xerium Technologies, Inc.
- Universal Corporation on its activist defense assignment
- P&S Logistics on its sale to One Equity Partners
- Trinity Industries on the proposed tax-free separation of its infrastructure-related businesses
- Love’s on its acquisition of SpeedCo from Bridgestone
- Funimation on its sale to Sony Pictures Television Networks for $151mm
- Holiday Stationstores on its review of strategic alternatives and subsequent sale to Alimentation Couche-Tard
- Westport Fuel Systems on the sale of select assets relating to its Industrial business to EControls
- Westport Fuel Systems on the sale of its Auxiliary Power Unit business to Carrier Transicold, a unit of United Technologies Corporation
- Carter’s Inc. on its $140mm acquisition of Skip Hop, Inc.
- Defense advisor to Farmer Brothers
- CSW Industrial on its activist defense assignment
- Fuel Systems Solutions, Inc. on its review of strategic alternatives and subsequent $350mm all-stock merger with Westport Innovations, Inc.
- ANN INC on its strategic alternatives and subsequent ~$2.2bn sale to the Ascena Retail Group in cash and stock consideration
- Hawaiian Electric Industries on its potential $4.3bn stock-for-stock combination with NextEra Energy and ~$800mm spin-off of ASB Hawaii, Inc.
- The City of Philadelphia on its $1.9bn potential sale of the Philadelphia Gas Works to UIL Holdings Corporation
- William Lyon on its $520mm acquisition of the residential homebuilding business of Polygon Northwest
- Men’s Wearhouse on its review of strategic alternatives, defense and subsequent $1.8bn acquisition of Jos. A. Bank
- Alpha Natural Resources on the exchange of its 50% interest in Alpha Shale Resources for $300mm in Rice Energy stock and cash
- Fiesta Restaurant Group on its review of strategic alternatives
- Bill Barrett Corporation on its $371mm sale of its Uinta Basin assets
- Advance Auto Parts on its $2.0bn acquisition of General Parts International
- Murphy Oil Corporation on its spin-off of Murphy USA
- Tricon Capital Group on its $261mm Co-Investment in Tricon IX LP
- Affinia Group Inc. on the spin off of its Brake division
- Atlas Resource Partners LP on its $206mm acquisition of Titan Operating LLC
- Medco Health Solutions on its $34bn merger with Express Scripts
- BHP Billiton on its $43bn bid for PotashCorp
- Taylor Wimpey Plc on the $955mm divestiture of its North American homebuilding operations to TPG, Oaktree and JH Investments
- The Carlyle Group on the $3.9bn acquisition of Commscope
- Misys on its €440mm acquisition of Sophis
- Gas Natural on the $1.2bn divestiture of its Mexican power generation portfolio to Tokyo Gas and Mitsui & Co.
- AEI on the sale of its indirect controlling interest in Organización Terpel , a retail fuel company, for $265mm, valuing Terpel at $1.7bn
- Promigas on the spin-off of its stake in Sociedad de Inversiones de Energía S.A. into the stand-alone entity Proenergía for $557mm