Co-leader of the S&C team advising on The American Lawyer’s 2016 “Deal of the Year” – the Kraft merger with Heinz – and recognized in 2011 as one of the “45 Under 45” – the best young women lawyers in the Am Law 200 by The American Lawyer, Audra Cohen represents buyers, sellers, boards of directors and financial advisers in a broad range of merger and acquisition transactions. Her experience includes advising on public company mergers, negotiated sales of private companies and spin-offs, and boards of directors on corporate governance matters, including with respect to activists and cybersecurity issues.
Ms. Cohen also is actively involved in the Firm’s management and administration, including as co-head of the Firm’s Consumer & Retail Group and as a member of the Firm’s Diversity Committee.
Selected clients include: Andeavor, AT&T, Avon Products, C&S Wholesale Grocers, Connecticut Water Service, Diageo, Dynegy, General Growth Properties, Hershey Foods, Intercontinental Exchange, Kraft Foods Group, LSC Communications, NBTY, Ohio Casualty Corporation, Panera Bread, Pepco, Quality Care Properties, Reed Elsevier, Ron Shaich, RR Donnelley & Sons, Wachovia Corporation and ZF Friedrichshafen.
- New York Super Lawyers – recognized as a “Top Woman Attorney in New York” (2016-2017) and a leading lawyer for M&A (2006-2017)
- The American Lawyer – co-leader of S&C team advising on 2016 “Deal of the Year” – Kraft merger with Heinz (March 2016)
- Euromoney Legal Media Group Expert Guides, Women in Business Law 2014 – Leading Practitioner, Mergers & Acquisitions
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- “M&A Roundup: Today’s Deal Landscape,” PLI’s 49th Annual Institute on Securities Regulation, New York, NY, November 2017 (Panelist)
- “What’s Trending in M&A?” PLI’s 48th Annual Institute on Securities Regulation, New York, NY, November 2016 (Panelist)
- “Top Ten Regulatory Considerations for Executing Consumer and Retail Deals,” Bloomberg BNA (co-author) (October 2016)
- “Hostile M&A,” PLI’s Hot Topics in Mergers and Acquisitions 2016, New York, NY, October 2016 (Panelist)
George Washington Law School, J.D. 1992
University of Washington, B.A. 1989