Amy Simmerman is a partner in the Wilmington, Delaware office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. Amy is one of the leaders of the firm's Delaware office and governance practice. Her practice focuses on providing advice on all aspects of Delaware corporate law, including fiduciary duties, mergers and acquisitions, stockholder activism, corporate governance, corporate formation, stock issuances, preferred stock investments, and various statutory matters. Amy frequently speaks and publishes on Delaware law and governance issues. She also has been involved in many special committee assignments and internal investigations and provides corporate advice in the context of litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Amy was corporate counsel at a global software company, where she focused on corporate law issues and M&A. Prior to that, she practiced for several years in the Delaware corporate law counseling group at a Delaware law firm. Amy currently serves as Co-Chair of the Private Company Target Merger Agreement Task Force of the Business Law Section of the ABA.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, Magna Cum Laude, Order of the Coif
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, Summa Cum Laude
- Co-author with K. Martin, "Controlling-Stockholder Conflicts and How to Handle Them," PLI Current: The Journal of PLI Press, Vol. 2, No. 4, Autumn 2018
- "Delaware Court of Chancery Issues Important Decisions Addressing Stockholders' Agreements," Insights: The Corporate and Securities Law Advisor, Vol. 32, No. 4, April 2018
- Co-author with S. Bochner, "The Venture Capital Board Member's Survival Guide: Handling Conflicts Effectively While Wearing Two Hats," 41(1) Delaware Journal of Corporate Law, 2016
- Co-author with A. Flaherty, "The Standard of Review for Controlling Stockholder Transactions Outside of the Merger Context," The M&A Lawyer, Vol. 20, No. 3, March 2016
SELECT SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS:
- Panelist, "Delaware Law Developments 2018: What All Business Lawyers Need to Know," Practising Law Institute, May 24, 2018
- Panelist, "A West Coast Conversation: Liquidity, Valuation, and Capital and Governance Structure," University of Pennsylvania Institute of Law and Economics, March 22, 2018
- Panelist, "The Court of Chancery, the DGCL, and Federalism," Delaware Corporate Law Anniversary Symposium, Wilmington, Delaware, September 26, 2017
- Panelist, "The Rise of the Stockholder: Trends in Corporate Governance," 28th Annual All Hands Meeting, Santa Clara, California, November 17, 2016