Tricia Beckmann is a director with Faegre Baker Daniels Consulting’s health and biosciences practice. She works with clients throughout the health care industry on state and federal health care regulatory issues.
Tricia has cultivated in-depth knowledge of the health care industry — and particularly the industry’s relationship with regulatory bodies — through positions with both government agencies and health care stakeholders. She spent four years with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), where she reported directly to agency leadership responsible for the health insurance Marketplaces and private insurance market reforms that are at the center of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). She helped shape policy in several areas including Section 1332 State Innovation Waivers, Section 1557 non-discrimination rules, consumer assistance programs, and health plan disclosure requirements such as the summary of benefits and coverage.
Prior to joining FaegreBD Consulting, Tricia served as an in-house attorney for a progressive, rapidly growing managed services firm that supports hospital and physician organizations in their adoption of value-based care and population health management. While in such role, Tricia advised on a wide range of state and health care regulatory issues, such as managed care state regulation and licensing, ACA implementation and health information privacy. Tricia also has prior in-house government relations experience working for a not-for-profit managed care health plan in California and authorizing benefits for the Social Security Administration. Tricia serves as a board member of the institutional review board for both George Washington University and the University of Maryland.
Tricia is a consulting professional within Faegre Baker Daniels Consulting, and does not act as a lawyer for clients. Learn more about the Faegre Baker Daniels Consulting practice.
- Secretary’s Award for Distinguished Service — Marketplace Enrollment Team
- CMS Administrator’s Special Citation Award — Special Enrollment Period Team
- Emory University School of Law — Dean’s Award, Law in Public Health
- Emory University School of Law — Pro Bono Medal Recipient
- University of Wisconsin-Madison — Germaine Mercier Scholarship (French Department Distinction)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison — William F. Allen Writing Prize (Outstanding History research)
- George Washington University Institutional Review Board — Board Member, 2013-present
- University of Maryland Institutional Review Board — Board Member, 2013-present
- AmeriCorps National Civilian and Community Corps — Corps Member, July 2006-May 2007
- Current Marketplace Issues
CMS Marketplace Assister In-Person Trainings, Chicago, Illinois; Dallas, Texas; Tampa, Florida; July - August 2014
Tricia is a former college radio dee-jay who enjoys traveling, swimming and her community-supported agriculture (CSA) farm share.
Services & Industries
- Faegre Baker Daniels Consulting
- Health & Biosciences Consulting
- Digital Health
- Health Care
- Medical Technology
- Research Institutions
Emory University School of LawJ.D. (2010)
University of Wisconsin, Madison
B.A., History and French, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa (2006)