TODD MARCUS is a commercial litigator with more than 26 years experience representing parties in commercial litigation in state and federal courts across the country. Much of his work involves real estate and finance-related litigation, including the enforcement of creditors’ rights and defending against lender liability claims and counterclaims. Todd has substantial experience litigating cases involving financial instruments (secured and unsecured), contentious mortgage foreclosures, and intercreditor disputes. Todd also has vast experience representing financial institutions in the foreclosure and workout of facilities secured by office buildings, land development projects, hotels, mixed-use projects, apartment buildings, and automobile dealerships, among other business assets. Todd also represents parties in real estate disputes and all other aspects of commercial litigation. Sound business judgment and result-oriented litigation strategies has earned Todd recognition by New York Super Lawyers magazine in Business Litigation every year since 2012. Todd has also been recognized in The Best Lawyers in America 2017.
- Co-author, “Appellate Decision Unwinds Foreclosure Purchase,” New York Law Journal (August 23, 2015).
- Co-author, “Distressed Real Estate Loan Dispute Resolution in 2012: Latest Developments, Trends and Strategies,” Inside the Minds: Real Estate Dispute Resolution (April 2012)
- Co-author, “Residential Mortgage Foreclosure: It’s A Whole New Ballgame,” New York Law Journal (March 14, 2011)
- Co-author, “A Primer on Today’s Commercial Loan Forbearance Agreement,” New York Law Journal (March 15, 2010)
- “Advanced Deposition Tools, Skills and Challenges for the Modern Age,” PLI’s Seminar and Live Webcast: Advanced Deposition Techniques (January 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)