Tarik J. Haskins is a partner in the Commercial Law Counseling Group. His practice covers a range of commercial transactions including mergers and acquisitions, secured financings, joint ventures, securitizations, and business counseling.
Tarik also focuses on organizational and operational issues related to limited liability companies, limited partnerships and statutory trusts. He also regularly represents sponsors and conflicts committees of master limited partnerships. He is involved in the preparation of third-party legal opinions in connection with a range of transactional matters, and he regularly counsels other attorneys domestically and internationally on matters relating to Delaware partnerships, limited liability companies and statutory trusts. Tarik also serves on the Firm’s Executive Committee and Diversity Committee.
- J.D., 2003, University of Cincinnati College of Law
- University of Cincinnati Law Review, Editor-in-Chief
- B.A., 1998, Clark-Atlanta University
Law Clerk to the Honorable E. Norman Veasey, Chief Justice, Delaware Supreme Court, 2003-2004
Admissions to Practice: Delaware, 2003; Pennsylvania, 2004
- American Bar Association (Business Law Section; Chair of the Secured Lending Subcommittee of the Commercial Finance Committee, Managing Editor, Business Law Today, Committee on Mergers and Acquisitions, Revised Model Asset Purchase Agreement Task Force, Joint Task Force on Security Interest in LLC and Other Unincorporated Entity Interest)
- American Bar Foundation (Fellow)
- Delaware State Bar Association (Statutory Trust Committee and Uniform Commercial Code Subcommittee)
Delaware Council of Development Finance