Nancy A. Fischer leads the law firm’s Public Practices and Public Policy teams and is recognized as an authority on international trade law.
Nancy advises a global clientele on international trade matters and dispute resolution and the impact of U.S. regulations on worldwide trade and investments. She provides guidance on export controls; embargoes; FCPA and other anti-bribery laws; CFIUS reviews; trade remedies; customs laws; and WTO and NAFTA disputes. Nancy has represented large industry coalitions in disputes, including a group of nuclear utilities in the first antidumping matter before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Advised international media company in connection with potential field work in embargoed destinations, seeking regulatory guidance and obtaining licensing.
- Conducted extensive internal investigations of major international travel service providers with respect to compliance with Cuba sanctions regulations and extra-territorial conflicts with blocking measures adopted in EU and various member states, Canada, Mexico and Argentina. Represented these companies in OFAC enforcement proceedings.
- Advised a major aerospace manufacturer on classification and licensing issues related to the incorporation of ITAR controlled content in civil aircraft.
- Worked with a major electronics manufacturer to navigate the overlap of U.S. export controls and evolving sanctions policies for Iran, which permit certain sales of consumer electronics and services to enable internet access and communication.
- Advised major defense contractor on FCPA compliance in connection with potential sales to Middle-East governments through required local-country partners.
- Successfully navigated the CFIUS review process for a Chinese government-owned client in acquiring a global semiconductor equipment provider. Advised client on structural and other corporate transactional matters to minimize potential national security concerns.
- Provided regulatory counseling to a group of Chinese investors in a potential acquisition of a semiconductor company. Advised client on transaction structure to address potential CFIUS issues and successfully obtained CFIUS clearance.