Monica joined TottisLaw in December 2015. She has over 30 years of litigation experience representing clients in the manufacturing, medical device, financial services and consumer product sectors throughout the United States. She’s tried cases in federal district courts around the country and appeared before appellate panels, arbitration panels and bankruptcy courts. She is a frequent speaker on litigation procedure and intellectual property issues and is on the faculty of the Practicing Law Institute. She’s rated by her peers as AV Preeminent in the Martindale Hubble listings, and repeatedly has been named as an Illinois Super Lawyer by a Thomson Reuters rating service of outstanding lawyers. Monica served on advisory boards for a number of professional organizations including sitting on the Copyright committee of the AIPLA.In addition to trial work, Monica also provides transactional advice and general counseling services related to intellectual property. She has drafted licenses for domestic and international use, handled performance issues arising in outsourcing contracts, conducted IP audits for multi-national organizations and evaluated security measures used to protect trade secrets.?
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Ninth and Federal Circuits
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona, Delaware, Northern District of Illinois, Central District of Illinois, Southern District of Illinois, Eastern District of Michigan, Western District of Michigan, Nebraska, Eastern District of Michigan, Western District of Michigan, Nebraska, Eastern District of Texas, Northern District of Texas, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Washington University Law School in St. Louis J.D. 1981
- University of Louisville B.A. 1978