Michael Hurwitz is a partner in the Communications & Media Department at Willkie Farr & Gallagher in Washington, DC.
Michael’s focus includes FCC regulatory policy for communications and media companies, regulatory review of mergers and acquisitions, and Internet- and programming-related litigation, arbitrations, and appeals of agency orders.
Michael has participated in FCC rulemakings relating to net neutrality, online video, program carriage, program access, video competition, broadband network infrastructure, and media ownership. Michael also advises communications and media companies on regulatory compliance issues.
Michael has represented companies in the following matters:
- FCC review of the acquisition by Comcast of a majority stake in NBCUniversal
- Word Network program carriage complaint against Comcast
- Liberman Broadcasting program carriage complaint against Comcast
- Project Concord online programming arbitration against NBCUniversal
- Tennis Channel program carriage complaint against Comcast
- WaveDivision Holdings program access complaint against CSN-California and CSN-Bay Area
- DirecTV program access arbitration against CSN-New England
- Mid-Atlantic Sports Network program carriage complaint against Comcast
- NFL Network program carriage complaint against Comcast