Kevin Miller is a partner in the Corporate Transactions & Securities Group at Alston & Bird and the head of Alston & Bird’s Financial Advisors Practice. Alston & Bird is regularly ranked by The American Lawyer and Corporate Control Alert as among the leading counsel to investment banks acting as financial advisors.
Kevin is a frequent author and speaker on M&A topics, including fairness opinions, the role of investment bankers and legal and regulatory developments relating to mergers and acquisitions. Kevin is a member of the Mergers, Acquisitions & Corporate Control Contests Committee of the New York City Bar, as well as the advisory boards of DealLawyers.com and the DealLawyers newsletter and a frequent contributor to the DealLawyers.com Blog. Kevin is a graduate of Rutgers University (JD) and the University of Michigan (MA and AB).
- “The Disclosure of Material Relationships by Financial Advisors, Board Disclosure Memos v. Engagement Letter Provisions,” Deal Lawyers, January-February 2017.
- “Rural/Metro One Year Later: Ongoing Doctrinal Concerns,” DealLawyers.com, Interview, December 8, 2016.
- “Food for Thought: Conflicting Views on the ‘Knowing Participation’ Element of Aiding & Abetting Claims,” Deal Lawyers, March/April 2015.
- “The Obligation of Financial Advisors—New Decision Upholds Contractual and Other Limitations,” Deal Lawyers, March-April 2008.
- "A Critique of Pure Reasoning," INSIGHTS, March 2008.
- "The Demise of the Broadly Written MAC: Will the Plain Language Standard Replace the Reasonable Acquiror Standard?" Deal Lawyers, Nov.-Dec., 2007.
- “Unauthorized Management Buyout Proposals: Time to Reappraise Your Corporate Policies,” Deal Lawyers, May/June 2007.
- "The ConEd Decision - One Year Later: Significant Implications for Public Company Mergers Appear Largely Ignored," The M&A Lawyer, October 2006.
- "Gesoff v. IIC: New Guidance Regarding Special Committees, Related Party Transactions and Fair Value," Corporation (Aspen Publishers) August 1, 2006.
- "Delaware Court's Criticism of Special Committee in TCI Merger Provides Important Guidance But May Not Be Entirely Fair," The M&A Lawyer, February 2006.
- "In Defense of Stapled Finance," The M&A Lawyer, January 2006.