Range of Experience:
Jeannette, a Managing Director, co-leads PwC's national security regulatory compliance practice focusing on Export Controls and Trade Sanctions. This team of subject matter specialists assists U.S. and multinational companies in understanding and managing export controls, sanctions, embargoes and antiboycott compliance risks and has conducted numerous export controls and sanctions assessments for companies across sectors and geographies. The ECTS team also helps companies enhance compliance policies, processes and controls and remediate identified risks and gaps.
Jeannette brings deep knowledge of US and foreign regulatory requirements including the Arms Export Control Act (AECA), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) policies and regulations on trade sanctions and embargoes. She is also experienced in cross-border transactions involving the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS).
Prior to joining PwC, Jeannette served as a Senior Policy Advisor at the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), US Department of Commerce where she worked on export control reform and foreign policy matters. Her public service career includes over 25 years of federal investigative and enforcement experience as well as more than a decade as a U.S. diplomat in China. She leverages this deep experience to help clients navigate interagency processes including addressing and resolving enforcement and licensing matters.
Jeannette was named by World ECR as “Highly Commended” in the category of “Export Control Practitioner of the Year 2016”.
• Led government-directed audits of export controls and trade sanctions compliance for aerospace and defense companies in Consent Agreements with the Department of State for ITAR violations.
• Led multi-year compliance audits of a leading technology company subject to multi-agency CFIUS requirements.
• Led the compliance build-out of a global technology and communications company.
• Led numerous compliance assessments for multinational companies in various sectors including industrial products, technology and life science.
• From 2005 through 2010 represented BIS as the Senior Export Control Attaché at the US Embassy Beijing, conducting more than 250 on-site risk assessments throughout China.
• Frequent speaker and author on export controls and national security issues.
Education and Certifications:
Jeannette speaks regularly on export controls and China business issues; she has served on the faculty for American Bar Association, the Practicing Law Institute and the American Conference Institute, where she also serves on the Advisory Board for Export Controls and Sanctions. She also serves on the American Bar Association's Business Law Section Working Group on Human Trafficking where she brings insights from more than fifteen years of enforcement experience with the former U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service and the U.S. Department of Labor, Inspector General’s Office.
Jeannette received her BA in Political Science from American University in Washington, DC and speaks Mandarin Chinese.