Jacob Springer, LLM, FIP, CIPP (US/E/C), CIPM, CHP
As the Global Privacy Leader and Division Counsel at Abbott Laboratories, Jacob leads the company's privacy program and supports Abbott's global businesses as Chief Privacy Counsel.
Jacob has 15 years of experience in leading global privacy programs for Fortune 100 companies. He has completed law degrees from Europe/Austria and the US/University of Virginia. Prior to joining Abbott, Jacob served at Baxter International as Chief Privacy Officer. Additionally, Jacob supported Europe, Canada and Latin America as general compliance counsel gaining over ten years of broad compliance management experience.
During his tenure at Abbott and Baxter, Jacob provided counsel to executive management on an ongoing basis to ensure the companies' privacy and data protection programs were aligned with business priorities and strategy. Additionally, Jacob also led efforts to ensure product and process development were aligned with privacy and data protection requirements of consumers and regulators globally.
Jacob's qualifications include:
- Member of the New York Bar
- Fellow of Information Privacy [FIP]
- Certified Information Privacy Professional – US [CIPP US]
- Certified Information Privacy Professional – Europe [CIPP E]
- Certified Information Privacy Professional – Canada [CIPP C]
- Certified Information Privacy Manager [CIPM]
- Certified HIPAA Professional [CHP]
- IPPC [International Pharmaceutical Privacy Consortium] board member
- MDPC [Medical Device Privacy Consortium] chair, vice chair and board member