Experienced strategic advisor and healthcare executive with mastery of digital health, information technology, healthcare operations, legal and regulatory issues; deep experience in information technology strategic planning, technology system acquisition and implementation, regulatory compliance programs, merger and acquisition planning and execution; and interim management; frequent public speaker and author.
Gerard has provided leadership and expertise to academic medical centers and health sciences entities, health systems, community hospitals, children's hospitals, specialty cancer care providers, and health industry vendors clients in many areas, including:
- Digital health planning and execution
- Information technology strategic planning;
- Interim executive leadership;
- Regulatory compliance and planning (including HIPAA, Stark, Anti-Kickback);
- Systems acquisition, negotiation, and implementation planning;
- Contract negotiations
- Academic research strategic planning;
- University enterprise strategic planning and enterprise infrastructure operations;
- Information technology division structure and reorganization;
- Accountable care organization technology planning;
- Community EHR planning, program development, EHR Donation rule compliance, provider pricing and delivery options, program marketing; Electronic health record incentive program compliance (meaningful use);
- Privacy and security planning, policy development, incident response planning, HIPAA compliance;
- Software development partnerships and innovation center planning;
- Medical device product planning and market viability
- Health information exchange strategic planning, operations development, and policy development;
- New facilities technology planning, design, and visioning; and
- Health system merger, consolidation due diligence, planning; and separation transition planning.
Affiliations: Vice Chair, Health Information and Technology Practice Group, American Health Lawyers Association, Member: ABA Health Law Section, HIMSS, IAPP.