George has over 12 years of experience providing audit, accounting advisory and transaction services to companies in the consumer products, retail, manufacturing, distribution, technology, software, construction and life science industries. He leads the firm’s ASC 842/IFRS 16 accounting services in the Philadelphia office. George also advises clients on a variety of complex matters related to revenue recognition, business combinations, consolidation, restructuring activities, and SEC reporting.
- Application of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) including emerging accounting standards (e.g. revenue recognition and leases)
- Lease technology implementation
- SEC Reporting
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- Internal Auditing and Risk Assessments
Prior to joining CFGI, George served as an internal audit manager for the Vanguard Group Inc. where he executed internal audits of Vanguard’s investment management, international and corporate operations. This included performing risk assessments of processes, testing key internal controls as a result of the risk assessments and reporting testing results to senior management in the organization.
Prior to Vanguard, George provided assurance services to large multi-national private and public companies as an audit manager for KPMG LLP. He led engagement teams and was involved in completing annual financial statement audits, interim reviews of quarterly financial information and audits of controls over financial reporting as well as comfort letter procedures for public offerings raising $375 million in equity financing and an $8.3 billion going private transaction.
Education, Licenses & Certifications
- LaSalle University, Bachelor of Science in Business / Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant, Pennsylvania
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charter holder
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Member, Chartered Financial Analyst Society of Philadelphia
- Toastmasters International
- Certified Investments and Derivatives Auditor