Based in A.B. Data’s Milwaukee, Wisconsin headquarters, Eric works closely with the client services team to develop and expand on strategies of administration for each case. With more than 15 years’ experience, he provides A.B. Data with in-depth knowledge that pushes the envelope to stay ahead of the curve of this ever-changing industry.
Eric has successfully managed many high profile class action settlement administrations, with specific expertise in securities, antitrust and consumer class action settlements. Some of the more prominent administrations he has directed include:
- Kleen Products LLC et al., v. International Paper, et al. ($354 million settlement)
- Wyatt v. El Paso ($250 million settlement)
- Minneapolis Firefighters’ Relief Association v. Medtronic, Inc. ($85 million settlement)
- The Department of the Treasury of the State of New Jersey and its Division of Investment v. Cliffs Natural Resources Inc., et al ($84 million settlement)
- In re Mutual Funds Investment Litigation – Alliance Sub-Track ($74 million settlement)
- In re: Capacitors Antitrust Litigation (over $50 million in settlements)
- In re NII Holdings, Inc., Securities Litigation ($42 million settlement)
- Forsta AP-Fonden, et al. v. St. Jude Medical, Inc., et al. ($39 million settlement)
- In re Facebook, Inc., IPO Securities and Derivative Litigation (($27 million settlement)
- Shannon Mahoney v. Endo Health Solutions, Inc. et al. ($16 million settlement)
Eric has also joined in the development of many technological advances and achievements within A.B. Data, concentrating on productivity, accuracy and above all else, what is best for A.B. Data’s clients. The CLE program, “Innovations to Enhance & Energize the Notice, Claims & Fund Distribution Process,” was developed by Eric and he has shared it with dozens of attorneys to provide insight on notice and claims administration best practices.
Eric is a highly regarded speaker and testifying expert on class action administration matters. He has provided testimony to courts in support of class action notice programs and related matters in dozens of cases and is a regular participant and speaker at industry events and conferences.
He has a Bachelor’s degree in sociology from Syracuse University, and earned his law degree at Hofstra University School of Law. Prior to joining the notice and claims administration field, Eric litigated securities and antitrust class actions with Labaton Sucharow LLP in New York.