- Leading Advisor and Practical Thought Leader: Ed is known industry-wide as a leading advisor on executive compensation matters. He serves on CompensationStandards.com’s Executive Compensation Task Force, maintains his acclaimed equity compensation blog, EdwardHauder.com, as well as his Say-on-Pay.com blog, and is a practical thought leader on compensation matters.
- Experience Across a Range of Industries: Ed has consulted with companies in multiple industries on all aspects of executive and director compensation. He focuses on helping companies design compensation programs that achieve their strategic goals and objectives, while at the same time keeping them out of the penalty box with shareholders and the media. Ed also helps companies understand and find practical solutions for technical matters impacting compensation, e.g., financial accounting, securities, tax, and corporate governance issues. His expertise includes ISS compensation modeling and policies, which enabled him to create the Flexible Share Authorization to maximize equity plan flexibility.
- Clients: Ed’s clients include both public and private companies (with revenues ranging from several million dollars to multi-billions of dollars) from a variety of industries, including business services, energy, financial, hospitality, insurance, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, retail, and technology. Ed has also worked extensively with family-owned companies, majority owner-controlled companies, and controlled subsidiaries.
- Frequent Author and Speaker: Ed’s recent articles have appeared in The Corporate Board, workspan Weekly, Bloomberg BNA’s Executive Compensation Library, Tax Management Compensation Planning Journal, and Benefits & Compensation International. Ed regularly addresses local, regional, and national gatherings on compensation, including the American Bar Association, the Institute for Human Resources, the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals, the Practising Law Institute, and WorldatWork.
- Background and Education: Before joining Exequity, Ed was a Principal at Buck Consultants where he led the Technical Solutions and Innovation Team. Prior to that, Ed was a member of Hewitt Associates’ Executive Compensation Center of Technical Excellence. Ed received a B.A. in International Relations from Juniata College, a J.D., cum laude, from Seattle University School of Law, and an LL.M. (Tax), with honors, from IIT-Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Program or Publication