Devon M. Bodoh is the leader of KPMG Global Complex Transactions group. In addition, Devon is the Principal-in-Charge of KPMG US’s Washington National Tax International M&A Group. Devon is on KPMG’s global leadership group for International Tax and Deal Advisory (M&A) Tax.
Devon advises clients on cross border mergers, acquisitions, inversions, spin-offs, other divisive strategies, restructurings, bankruptcy and non-bankruptcy workouts, the use of net operating losses, foreign tax credits, deficits and other tax attributes, and consolidated return matters.
Devon has significant experience with clients in the consumer goods and technology industry. In particular, Devon has experience with the tax issues that matter to these clients, including, supply chain planning, tax efficient cash management (including repatriation), and tax attribute management. Devon also has significant experience in the M&A tax context, which includes implementing significant and complex post acquisition restructuring.
- Burger King’s acquisition of Tim Hortons (forming Restaurant Brands International)
- Restaurant Brands International’s acquisition of Popeyes
- Horizon’s acquisition of Vidara
- eBay’s spin-off of PayPal
- The Walt Disney Company’s spin-off of ABC Radio and acquisition of Pixar, Marvel and Fox Family
- Darden’s spin-off of its real estate
- Pfizer’s spin-off of its animal health business
- NCR’s acquisition of Retalix Ltd.
- Microchip’s acquisition of Atmel