David Yurkerwich is a Managing Director and the Leader of the Navigant’s Intellectual Property team (“Navigant IP”). He operates from offices in New York, San Francisco and Germany. David and Navigant IP’s team of seasoned experts assist clients with the challenges and opportunities associated with assessing, valuing and managing IP assets in today’s global innovation economy. They combine timely competitive information and state of the art valuation methodologies using advanced data and analytical tools to deliver practical business solutions. David has been recognized by his peer group as one of the IAM Strategy 300 – The World’s Leading IP Strategists since 2008.
David works closely with inventors, owners and attorneys to assess patentability and markets for technologies to build and maintain competitive IP portfolios. He actively negotiates IP based transactions and structures and manages joint development, licensing and enforcement activities. David also provides expert valuation testimony in patent infringement cases, international arbitration and other business disputes involving companies in Asia, Europe, South America and the United States. This has included expert testimony in over 90 matters involving a broad range of technologies and markets.
David’s areas of expertise include:
• Competitive benchmarking for portfolio development.
• Identifying and valuing tangible and intangible assets.
• Portfolio analysis for evidence of market use and potential value.
• Screening portfolios for patents in use or with future market applicability.
• Ongoing support to identify patents with value in non-core markets.
• Valuation opinions for mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
• Assisting with business planning and capital raising activities.
• Developing joint ventures to commercialize new technologies.
• Preparing technology valuation sale and license models.
• Performing outreach, facilitating discussions and negotiating transactions.
• Analysis of invention scope, markets and alternatives.
• Assistance with research and discovery to support damage models.
• Design and execution of apportionment models.
• Preparation of expert damage reports.
• Delivery of expert damage testimony.