Sought after for his accomplishments in the areas of privacy and data protection, high-stakes litigation, technology transactions and corporate compliance, Christopher Wiech’s practice defies categorization. However, his emphasis on intellectual property makes him popular among company leaders who require discerning counsel in today’s fast-paced information economy. Certified as an Information Privacy Professional by the International Association of Privacy Professionals, Christopher is an authority on a range of compliance issues; he has a particular focus on state, federal and international privacy and data security matters, the internet, e-commerce, cloud computing, social media and records management. He also advises clients on the minefield of legal and regulatory challenges that face emerging industries, including IoT, digital currencies and blockchain technology.
As a trial lawyer, Christopher has litigated technology and business disputes in federal and state courts throughout the country, and has extensive jury trial, arbitration and appellate experience.
- Benchmark Litigation, "Top Litigator Under 40" (2017)
- The Best Lawyers in America© (2017, 2018)
- Atlanta: Trade Secrets Law
- Georgia "Rising Star," Business Litigation (2006 to 2009, 2011)
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy: Advocate (designation signifying completion of intensive, multi-day, hands-on trial advocacy programs)