Drew Purcell is a partner in Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP’s tax department, where he advises clients on an array of tax matters, including financing, credit, M&A, spin-off and private equity transactions.
Drew’s representative transactions have included:
- La Quinta on the spin-off of CorePoint Lodging
- Vistra Energy in its merger with Dynegy
- Hilton Worldwide on the spin-off of its hotel ownership (as a REIT) and timeshare businesses
- SunGard on its sale to Fidelity National Information Services
- Blackstone on the spin-off of its advisory business in an UP-C structure
- Johnson Controls on the sale of its Scott Safety business to 3M
- Blackstone on its acquisition of a stake in Francisco Partners
- New Mountain Partners on private equity and real estate funds
- Summit Materials in its UP-C IPO
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets Inc. on funds focusing on the infrastructure sectors
- PPL Corporation on the spin-off of its generation business and combination with affiliates of Riverstone
Drew received his J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, from New York University School of Law in 2008, where he was an Executive Editor of the NYU Law Review. He received his B.A., magna cum laude, from Duke University in 2004. He is admitted to practice in New York.