- Amy Sargent is a member of EY’s National Tax Mergers and Acquisitions Group, Transaction Advisory Services based in Washington, D.C.Amy focuses on the federal income taxation of corporations, with an emphasis on issues that span both the mergers and acquisitions practice and the tax accounting practice, including capitalization, transaction costs, contingent liabilities, deferred revenue and troubled company issues.
Transaction Specific Experience
- Prior to joining EY, Amy was with the Washington National Tax Office of Deloitte & Touche LLP for two years and prior to that position she was with Arthur Andersen’s Office of Federal Tax Services for five years.
- Before joining Arthur Andersen, Amy served at the IRS where she held a variety of positions.
- From 1988 through 1997, Amy was an Assistant Branch Chief and an attorney adviser in the Office of the Assistant Chief Counsel (Income Tax & Accounting) and an attorney adviser in the Office of Assistant Chief Counsel (Corporate).
- From 1994 through 1997, Amy served as a Trial Attorney with IRS District Counsel in Nashville, Tennessee, where she was appointed as a Special Assistant U.S. Attorney to represent the IRS in Bankruptcy Court.
- Prior to joining the IRS, Amy was a Trial Attorney with the Department of Justice Tax Division where she represented the IRS in both District Court and Bankruptcy Court.
Education and Memberships
- Amy received her undergraduate degree from Kansas State University, her JD from Washburn University School of Law and her LLM in Taxation from the University of Missouri – Kansas City.
Program or Publication
Tax Strategies for Corporate Acquisitions, Dispositions, Spin-Offs, Joint Ventures, Financings, Reorganizations & Restructurings 2018