Alexander Lazar is a partner in the Corporate and Securities Practice Group in the firm's New York office.
Areas of Practice
Alexander Lazar advises technology, internet, digital media and life sciences clients on a range of corporate matters from startup through IPO.
Mr. Lazar's practice focuses on:
- Company formation and founder matters
- Corporate and commercial growth strategy
- Initial- through late-stage angel, venture capital and other debt and equity financings
- Mergers and acquisitions
- IPOs and other public and private securities offerings
- Technology and brand licensing
- Complex commercial transactions, including joint ventures, development, collaboration, manufacturing, supply and consulting arrangements
Mr. Lazar represents startups and emerging companies in various stages of growth. Clients have included 360fly, 3Box 4Tech, Axoni, Block Re, Galactic Fog, Gemelli Biotech, IrisVR, Kayak, Landit, Neosync, Novomer, OnDemand Korea, Parachute Health, Portal Instruments, Propel, Reality Analytics, Rent the Runway, Selerity, and Thnks, among others.
Mr. Lazar regularly represents more mature companies in strategic investments and M&A transactions. Some of his representative transactions include advising:
- Rakuten and its affiliates in their:
- Investments in Lyft, Pinterest, Upstart Networks, Xola, and others; and
- Acquisitions of Viki, Slice Technologies, DC Storm, First Mile, Manifest Commerce, Vibrant Data and Nextperformance, among others
- LogMeIn in its acquisition of LastPass
- Oberthur Technologies in its acquisition of More Magic Solutions
- Boston Scientific Corporation in its acquisitions of Asthmatx and BridgePoint Medical
- Atrium Medical Corporation in its sale to GETINGE AB
Mr. Lazar regularly speaks on legal issues facing emerging growth and technology companies. He advises various tech incubators and accelerators and has served as a judge in various business plan and business method competitions.