Attendance Reporting in Illinois: PLI reports attendance to the Illinois MCLE Board. The Illinois MCLE Board requires that providers report attendance by the 15th day of the month following the month the attorney completed the course. For example, the provider must report June course attendance by July 15.
PLI has increased attendance reporting in anticipation of the deadline and will report with greater frequency in June and July. Please ensure your PLI account includes your Illinois ARDC number for timely reporting. Note that the attorney MCLE compliance deadline is June 30 of the attorney's reporting year, and the reporting deadline is July 15.
The Illinois MCLE Board has shared this important MCLE timeline:
- June 30, 2023, is the deadline for you to complete the requirements or be eligible for an exemption for the 2021-2023 reporting period.
- June 30, 2023, is not the deadline for your transcript to reflect your compliance or exemption.
- July 15, 2023, is the deadline for course providers and bar associations to report credit you earned in June 2023 at Illinois-accredited courses and bar meetings.
- July 16-31, 2023, contact course providers and bar associations to resolve any errors or omissions on your transcript for credits earned in June of 2023.
- July 31, 2023, is the deadline for your transcript to reflect you earned all required credit for this reporting period by the June 30, 2023, credit completion deadline.
As long as your transcript reflects your June 30, 2023, compliance no later than July 31, 2023, you do not need to request an extension, and you will not be charged a late fee.
The Illinois MCLE Board has provided the following resources to assist attorneys with their MCLE Board transcript:
See PLI's Help Center page for answers to all your Illinois CLE questions.
Do you still need credits? View Illinois-approved Professional Responsibility, Mental Health and Substance Abuse, and Diversity and Inclusion programs to complete your requirements.