Here's some information about how to activate and use My Credit Tracker
- Setting Up
- How PLI Tracks Your Credits
- Previous/Next Compliance Periods
- External/Carryover Credits
- Rollup Credits from Multiple Accounts
My Credit Tracker is accessible from the homepage of pli.edu or via the My Account menu. It is available to anyone with a PLI account!
Setting Up My Credit Tracker
For each license you have on your PLI account, there will be a section in My Credit Tracker. Our accreditation department keeps the rules for each jurisdiction up-to-date to ensure we are tracking your requirements accurately. All information contained in the Credit Tracker is advisory only. Your licensing jurisdiction is the final authority on all mandatory continuing education requirements.
- If all attorneys in your jurisdiction have the same compliance period, PLI will enter your compliance period on your behalf. There's nothing else for you to do!
- There are some states or jurisdictions where PLI needs information from you to calculate your compliance period. If you are licensed in a state that calculates compliance periods based on birthday, please enter that information into My Credit Tracker in order to start tracking credit with PLI. Or if your state has compliance groups, choose your group in either My Credit Tracker or PLI Connect.
- If you are licensed in any other state or jurisdiction, please enter the start and end date of your compliance period and press “Go” in order for PLI to track your compliance.
Once your tracker is set up, as you earn credit through PLI programs, we automatically add those credits and certificates to My Credit Tracker for you.
My Credit Tracker will show you how many total credits are being counted vs how many total credits are required. It will also show you how many special credits you've earned out of how many are required.
If you need more of any special credit type, clicking on the name of the credit type will take you to a page of programs approved for that credit type in your jurisdiction.
Previous/Next Compliance Periods
In addition to your current compliance period, My Credit Tracker gives you the option to view either your previous or next compliance periods by clicking the buttons on the right and left sides of the tracker.
This feature allows you to see the past period right after your compliance deadline has ended (so you can make sure you earned all your credits!). Or if you want to take advantage of a grace period, click to the past period and edit the end date to whatever grace period your jurisdiction allows.
Once you change your date you will see a message like the below. Not to worry! This is just PLI making sure that your compliance periods are lined up and your credits are counted correctly. You should click "yes."
PLI's tracker allows you to add credit you have earned outside of PLI programs or to manually carryover credits from one compliance period to the next. First, at the bottom of each license you have in your tracker, below where your certificates are listed, you will see a link to "Add External/Carryover Credits."
Fill out the information in the external credit form. You may also upload a PDF, JPG or PNG file of your certificate for safe keeping. All certificates uploaded to PLI are fully encrypted and secure.
To add carryover credits instead, click on the "add external or carryover credits" button.
Within the modal appears, choose carryover and that will enable you to choose the compliance period in which you want to count your carryover credits.
Rollup Credits from Multiple Accounts
If you have PLI or external credits from other PLI accounts, you'll be given an option to verify your access to those accounts and "rollup" your credits from those accounts.
First, click "Connect Account" from the message below.
Then, enter the password from your previous account, and any certificates from that account will be added to My Credit Tracker and My Certificates within an hour or so.
at 800.260.4PLI or 212.824.5710 (9:00 AM-6:00 PM EST)
or send us an email at email@example.com.