Doing business overseas means learning new ways of negotiating. It also means understanding when an accepted and even expected “gift” to the other party will be considered a bribe under the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
The second edition of Doing Business Under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act provides vital legal and procedural information that helps corporations and attorneys:
- Develop internal compliance programs that detect and prevent illegalities
- Spot cautionary “red flags” and sidestep potential legal pitfalls in planned business steps
- Draft compliant business agreements and contracts using included model contract provisions
- Satisfy FCPA’s complicated accounting standards
- Avoid RICO violations, wire and mail fraud, and other legal missteps