Anti-Money Laundering Deskbook is your source for understanding the key statutes and regulations governing the complex, dynamic law of anti-money laundering, counter-terrorist financing, structuring, and forfeiture, including their history, elements, interpretations, and penalties. This Deskbook is designed to provide an introduction for lawyers whose practice does not primarily involve criminal prosecution or defense, and for executives and managers of companies, to assist them to understand, identify, and avoid potential risks both inside and outside their organizations by designing and implementing effective compliance programs.
Thoroughly updated every year with analysis of the latest cases, laws, and other developments in the international fight against money laundering in all its forms, the book covers:
- U.S. and transnational AML/CFT efforts
- New financial technology risks, regulations, and ethics and compliance issues
- Financial institutions and state-authorized marijuana-related businesses
- Shadow banking and trade- and service-based money laundering
- Money laundering, terrorist finance, and the diamond industry
- Human trafficking and money laundering