The 2024 Edition of the leading desk reference for consumer financial services lawyers and compliance professionals has been fully revised to bring readers up to speed on all the significant changes in the law since our last edition and to give readers a core understanding of the relevant laws and emerging issues along with a wealth of expert practice tips.
As always, the Consumer Financial Services Answer Book gives readers insight into the enforcement and regulatory activities and priorities of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and state regulators. The 2024 edition provides updated chapters on the primary laws affecting practitioners in the field, including:
• the Truth in Lending Act,
• the Fair Credit Reporting Act,
• the Equal Credit Opportunity Act,
• the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN),
• the Electronic Fund Transfer Act,
• the Telephone Consumer Protection Act,
• the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act,
• the Servicemember Civil Relief Act and the Military Lending Act,
• and unfair, deceptive, and abusive acts and practices (UDAAP) laws.
For those focused on mortgage lending and servicing, the book includes chapters on the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (including the Mortgage Servicing Rules), licensing, and residential foreclosures and evictions. For those who deal with automotive finance, we offer an updated chapter on that topic. Further, our updated chapters on federal preemption, privacy, consumer bankruptcy, credit cards, student lending, service providers, and short-term lending address these other important coverage areas.