A list of transit operators follows. To plan your trip, you may find it helpful to use the Bay Area Transit Trip Planner. This website has links to all of the transit providers in the greater Bay Area. Enter your starting and ending points to get schedules, rates, transfer information and travel time for all local transit providers.
Cal Train (650-508-6200) From the South Bay to San Francisco, then take a taxi or SF Muni bus to the PLI CA Center.
BART (415-817-1717) The Montgomery Street station is one-half block from the PLI CA Center (use the New Montgomery exit out of the station.)
AC TRANSIT (415-817-1717) From the East Bay to the San Francisco Transbay Terminal, which is about five blocks away from the PLI CA Center.
GOLDEN GATE TRANSIT (415-923-2000) From the North Bay to the San Francisco Transbay Terminal, which is about five blocks away from the PLI CA Center.
SF MUNI (415-701-4500 Local SF bus service.DRIVING DIRECTIONS View Larger Map
From North Highway 101, Golden Gate Bridge
- Take Highway 101 south over Golden Gate Bridge (must pay toll)
- Exit Lombard Street
- Lombard St. to Van Ness Avenue
- Left on Bush Street
- Right on Montgomery Street
- Montgomery St. will cross Market St. and become New Montgomery St.
- Right on Mission, right on 3rd, another right on Market
From East Interstate 80, Bay Bridge
- Take I-80 West over the Bay Bridge (must pay toll)
- Exit Fremont St., first exit on the right side
- Left on Howard St., (first intersection you come to on Fremont St.)
- Right on Third St.
- Right on Market St.
From South Highway 101, and S.F. International Airport
- Take Highway 101 north towards Interstate 80/Bay Bridge
- Exit Fourth St. off I-80 (last S.F. exit)
- Exit will bring you to Bryant St., stay in one of two left lanes
- Take Bryant St. one block to Third St.
- Left on Third St.
- Right on Market Street
From South Highway 280, San Jose
- Take Highway 280 north to the end, which is King St.
- Follow King St. to Third Street
- Left on Third St.
- Stay in right lane, right on Market
Following are the names of parking garages; however, please call to confirm information:
Hearst Parking Center: 415-989-4000. This garage is directly behind our building. From Third Street turn right on Stevenson (just before Market Street.) Parking garage is at the end of the block at Annie Street. Open M-F 6:00 am until midnight; Sunday 10 am - 10 pm; closed Holidays.
Paramount Garage: 415-348-9784. Garage on Jessie Street, between Third Street and Annie Street; turn right on Jessie from Third Street (just after Mission Street.) 24 hour valet parking.
Fifth and Mission St. Garage : 415-982-8522 (Garage on Mission Street between Fourth and Fifth, with the entrance on Mission Street)
Various street lots on 3rd Street, Mission Street and other streets near the Center.
Next door to PLI’s California Conference Center is the Palace Hotel (2 New Montgomery Street; 415-512-1111). To take advantage of the Palace’s Best Available room rate for PLI attendees, please use the following link: www.sfpalace.com/pli